Your Invitation To Join
TAANA is working to provide the best resources you need and the professional community you desire. We invite you to bring your experience and join more than 500 others working to better themselves, their community and their workplace as members of TAANA.
Types of Membership
TAANA members practice in private law practice, in academia, as litigators and defense attorneys, as legal counsel for healthcare entities, and in health care compliance among other settings.
The following is a list of our membership types:
First Year Post Graduate
Dual degree professional, recent graduate.
Nurse in law school/lawyer in nursing school; copy of ID required.
Risk managers, physician attorneys, legal nurse consultants, government employees, speakers, and others with an interest in the goals of TAANA.
With your membership, you will continue to receive all of these great member-only benefits and services:
- Client Referrals – Client referrals and business development from professional partners such as NSO, TAANA colleagues, website visitors, marketing materials for TAANA and other professional conferences.
- Discounts – Members are able to register for the annual conference at a discounted rate.
- Speaking Opportunities – National speaking opportunities for you from TAANA Speakers Bureau, National and Chapter meetings.
- Networking – Networking with like minded attorneys from all over the country leading to increasing your client and referral base.
- Group admission to U.S. Supreme Court – As a member of TAANA you will have the opportunity to be admitted to the bar of the United States Supreme Court. Applicants must have been admitted to practice law for a full three years and must obtain a Certificate of Good Standing from the clerk of their state’s highest court.
- Resources – Professional resources, advice, referral and support from your TAANA colleagues. Resources for employers and employees including law clerks and research assistants.
- Professional Profile – Raising your professional profile as part of an organization whose members have recognized professional credentials of a dual degrees, related education, and relevant experience.
- Leadership – Leadership opportunities to serve as officers/chairpersons/project leaders in state chapters and at the national level.
- Mentoring – Mentoring opportunities for mentors and mentees.
- Amicus Brief Submissions – Participation in health policy development, amicus brief submissions.
- Pro Bono Opportunities.
- Annual Conference – The Annual Conference features speakers presenting topics pertaining to the profession and it is an opportunity to network with others in the field. The Annual Conference continues to grow each year!
- Free Teleseminars – Fellow TAANA members and industry experts providemembers with valuable and current information to enhance and better the industry. To take part of this outstanding member benefit, simply dial-in to the number provided on the flyer, enter the participant access code and listen. It doesn’t get any easier!
- TAANA Website – Access to the “Members Only” section of this website, featuring upcoming event information, past publications, and important links. The “Members Only” section also provides networking opportunities for members, such as the online membership directory.
- Extended Member Directory – Members will have the ability to complete information about themselves for other members to view or search. The new directory will give members more network ability than ever before!
- Online List Serve – Members will have the ability to join list serve discussion groups based on their section interests.
- Referral Program – introduced in 2005, it is free for TAANA members. program helps consumers find lawyers in their area by allowing consumers who call our toll-free number to be matched up with nurse attorneys in their area.
- Discounts – TAANA members can purchase publications at a discounted price. Members receive a special discount on the Model Curriculum of Legal Content in Nursing Education, the Business and Legal Guidebook for Nurse Practitioners, and the pending video presentation on preparing nurses for deposition.
The membership year runs from January 1 to December 31.
To become a member, please complete the membership application below and return it with payment to the address or fax number on the application form. Once the Executive Office has processed your membership, your confirmation letter and password for the members’ only section of the website will be mailed to you.
Download the Membership Application (PDF) – click here