||TAANA 2019 Annual Conference
August 8 – 10, 2019
Crowne Plaza Northstar
(All CE’s are pending; schedule is subject to change)
||Saturday, August 10
|1:30pm – 5pm
Not eligible for CLE.
|This post conference workshop is sponsored by the Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA). Members of the MNA receive a special registration rate to attend this Workshop and/or the TAANA Conference.
Post Conference Workshop:
Leveraging Unions to Protect your Practice and your License
Cost & Registration:
$50.00 per person.
- Describe 3 ways unions can help protect nurse licensure and job status in investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Understand and evaluate the role of the union as a whole as well as union stewards, labor reps, and other union personnel in assisting nurses both in and outside of investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Offer feedback on how you can better leverage unions in individual representations as well as how the union could better leverage licensure defense attorneys.
- Identify how hospital disciplinary actions and union representation therein can impact later licensure proceedings (and vise versa).
- 2 hour lecture/dictation followed by a 1-hour panel conversation (panel participants tbd)
|Great Lakes AC
- Mathew Keller, RN JD; Director of Nursing Practice and Policy, Washington State Nurses Association
- Tom Poulos; Director of Labor Relations, Minnesota Nurses Association
- Barb Forshier, JD, BSN, RN; Forshier Law LLP